Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fool me twice, shame on me!

A Texan could think of this .... from Bandera County, where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this true story. Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Bandera, Texas. After Last Call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles the man managed to find his car which he fell into. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine, dry summer night), flicked the blinkers on, then off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patron vehicles left. At last, the parking lot empty, he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the road. The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man over and approached the car carrying a breathalyzer test kit. To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken." "I doubt it", said the truly proud Texan, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

7 comments:

squire said...

You gotta love it. That is so cool.

Motherkitty said...

Only a Texan would think of that ruse. You've tickled my funny bone early this a.m. Thanks.

Jellyhead said...

Unbelievable! I did NOT see that coming!

What a devious, clever plan (even though I do *despise* drunk drivers, I can still appreciate the ingenious plot)

Joann said...

Naughty but nice!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That was true genius...who would have ever thought of that, but someone in Texas.

I don't approve of driving while drinking ANY amount and if you drink there should be a designated driver.

Let me tell you what sometimes happends in our state. The designated driver gets stopped for some minor driving infraction or burned out tail light and they pick up the others for public intoxication which I don't approve of that. They were being considerate enough to have someone else drive so I think they should be left alone and not being hauled off to jail.

Rosa said...

Funny!

doubleknot said...

Only a Texan would think of a desinated decoy. Seemed to work to.