Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dispatcher laughs

Subject: Dial 911

BELIEVE it or not, These are REAL 911 Calls!

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency?
Caller: I heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the brown house on the corner.
Dispatcher: Do you have an address?
Caller: No, I have on a blouse and slacks, why?

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency?
Caller: Someone broke into my house and took a bite out of my ham and cheese sandwich.
Dispatcher: Excuse me?
Caller: I made a ham and cheese sandwich and left it on the kitchen table and when I came back from the bathroom, someone had taken a bite out of it.
Dispatcher: Was anything else taken?
Caller: No, but this has happened to me before and I'm sick and tired of it!

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is the nature of your emergency?
Caller: I'm trying to reach nine eleven but my phone doesn't have an eleven on it.
Dispatcher: This is nine eleven.
Caller: I thought you just said it was nine-one-one
Dispatcher: Yes, ma'am nine-one-one and nine-eleven are the same thing.
Caller: Honey, I may be old, but I'm not stupid.

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What's the nature of your emergency?
Caller: My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart.
Dispatcher: Is this her first child?
Caller: No, you idiot! This is her husband!

And the winner is..........

Dispatcher: 9-1-1
Caller: Yeah, I'm having trouble breathing. I'm all out of breath. Darn....I think I'm going to pass out.
Dispatcher: Sir, where are you calling from?
Caller: I'm at a pay phone. North and Foster.
Dispatcher: Sir, an ambulance is on the way. Are you an asthmatic?
Caller: No
Dispatcher: What were you doing before you started having trouble breathing?
Caller: Running from the Police.

4 comments:

Joann said...

funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

What about this?
On the radio.

Deputy: I'm 10-98

Dispatch: Disposition ?

Deputy: Well, I'm kinda cranky!

It went something like that

A long time deputy (E.S)(E. s.trouble)told me that story just the other night, again. Seems like a lot of the long timers remember that one....

Love ya

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Those were funny...and I bet you have plenty more of those funny 9ll calls. People are just so funny at times.

BTW Cucoo is about ready for a Florida vacation and he looks so much better when he's down there. The ocean air makes his hair so much more flufflier and thicker looking. Keep an eye out for him.

Pat said...

LOL Tuff! The debate over 9-1-1 and nine eleven is classic!