Friday, February 29, 2008

I had to take a trip out to the county today to "unblanket" the horses. I saw a few baby calves on the drive out there! Many of them looked like they were recently born. I saw one with the umbilical cord still attached.

We have had two days of severe weather - FORTY DEGREES! We had to wear jackets! It has been such a mild winter here, this is probably the end of the cold weather for us. I guess Spring is here. I like the warm weather in Florida; but of course Summer will be brutal with temps. in the high ninties. I guess you have to take the good with the bad!

I have been trying to keep up with my exercise with walking everyday. I try to take a bike ride in the morning, then a walk. Usually the dogs want to go with me. I can't walk at a quick pace while wrangling the dogs, but I know they love to go and they need exercise too.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

That's such a great photo Tuff! Baby calves are adorable, aren't they?
Oh my, 40º! Pretty nippy girl!
We're supposed to get some warmer temps this week. It might even get up to 40º if we're lucky! ;)
Enjoy your lovely spring!