Friday, October 24, 2008

World Series

I am not a season follower of major league baseball or any other sport because I would rather be playing it than watching it. Sometimes I will watch the World Series when my favorite team (The Yankees) is in it, but I don't usually pay attention to the regular season play. This year our local team, Tampa Bay Rays is in series, so I have been watching. It is exciting to watch the young team, who was in last place for so many years, doing so well this year.


This is the first time I have watched the games on my high definition television. I have noticed an unusual amount of "player spitting". They seem to be constantly spitting, not just in the dugout, but ALOT when they are up at bat. I am not sure if they have always spit this much - or if I am noticing it more in high definition! Also, if I spit (I rarely do) - I would lean forward - as to not get spit on the front of me. These guys are just spitting at random, into the wind or not, and it seems that some of this spit MUST be landing on their shirts!!!
The head coach Joe Madden is constantly shoving large pieces of bubble gum into his mouth. I know he must be nervous, and this is how he is coping with it, but it is funny to see. He must have a five pound tin of gum in the dugout with him!
I hope the Rays do well and win the World Series. They have gone from "worst to first"!

1 comment:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

my exie played for the dodgers minor leagues for 5 years...

they crack me up w/ the spitting and chewin...

one time i took a swig of MY PEPSI can...but someone had spit in it...

still makes me gag!!