Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Ransome 1997-2008

While I was in Virginia my beloved Airedale, Ransome, died. I have known for a while that Ransome was near the end of his life, but I am sorry that he took a turn for the worse while I was gone. My son, Preston, with the help of my good friends, took Ransome to the vet. Preston made the decision to put the dog down. I was proud that he could make this difficult decision. He called me right after and told me that he stayed with Ransome while the vet euthanized him. Preston said that he wanted to comfort Ransome so he wouldn't be scared. I miss my constant dog companion, but I still have my other little dogs to comfort me. It is sad when our furry friends die. I am glad that my son acted so bravely. It shows me that I should not worry so much about my fine young man.

6 comments:

Finding the Happy said...

I'm so sorry. Our furry friends do leave dog prints on our hearts.

My deepest sympathy.

Jellyhead said...

Oh, Tuff. This is so sad, and it seems unfair that you should suffer another loss so soon after losing your mother.

It sounds like Ransome had a peaceful death, in the arms of your son. Preston has really grown into a man, hasn't he?

Hugs,
Jelly

Motherkitty said...

My deepest condolences to you for your additional loss. My heart goes out to you.

Your dear son has become a very nice man.

Schiplady said...

Wow, where did the time go. Seems like just yesterday he was a puppy. You should be very proud of Preston. He has grown well. My heart goes out to you.

doubleknot said...

So sorry for your loss. Your son is growing up to be a responsible young man.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG.. that is sooo soooo sad.
I am sorry...

we love our pets as if they were our very own flesh and blood...

I am sorry.