Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I have been out to the store for various things & observed the influx of cheap gifts in the stores. When will it ever stop? This year we decided not to exchange gifts, rather spend time with each other and do things like go out to dinner together. The gift buying pressure is OFF and it feels really good. There is SO much STUFF in the stores, do we really need all these things? It is no wonder that the economy is collapsing. Anyway, I will pass along this video that I found quite funny. It is called "Cheap car made in China".

3 comments:

Jellyhead said...

Well you made me smile... very funny video!

Yes, I agree with all your above sentiments. This Christmas I am keeping low-key, low-fuss, low-stress. At least, that is what I'm aiming for!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Funny video.

We gave up the gift giving about three or four years ago merely because the immediate family grew too large. We do still buy gifts for those that are under 18. Everyone who is 18 and older brings one gift with them and we play a game with those gifts. It's much more fun and we have lots of laughs this way.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I'm sure that the new year will be a fantastic one for you and your family.

Kerri said...

The video is a riot :)
I'd love a more relaxed Christmas without having to shop for gifts.
Getting together with family and friends is the wonderful part of Christmas.
And remembering why we celebrate the holiday.
It was good to hear from you, Tuff. Thanks for thinking of us up here while you're enjoying a mild winter. I'm glad for you! We're doing fine...staying inside whenever possible and wearing lots of layers when we have to go out into the weather.
There's plenty to keep us busy.
I hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you.