Friday, December 05, 2008

Nervy neighbor

I have a new 6 foot white vinyl fence around my corner lot yard. I put Christmas lights on one side of the fence. The new lights are high efficiency, cool burning, & multi-colored and they look great. When I went to hang them on the other side of my yard, I noticed that my next door neighbor had already hung lights, with garland and red bows, on my new fence. My neighbor came out and was bragging about how good the decoration looked, and said to me, "You know you like it - admit it!!!" I just thought that it was very nervy for her to take advantage of my good nature and just hang lights on my fence without asking. Sometimes I am too nice, but in the spirit of the holidays - I let her keep them up. I am a push-over I guess, but in the long run I guess it doesn't matter. People never cease to amaze me.

I had a nice visit with my brother and his wife over Thanksgiving. They came down for a few days. I had them stay in my travel trailer because my house is a little "cracker box" with not much room for company. They seemed to like it though. They had room enough to retreat to their own little space. I took them to some of the local activities, it was nice for them to enjoy this great weather.

I have been neglecting reading/writing my blog, so I will have to catch up.

3 comments:

Motherkitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Motherkitty said...

You know, don't you, that your nervy neighbor will continue with this every year just because you didn't speak up. I understand, though, that sometimes it's better just to keep your mouth shut on trivial stuff like this. I work with a woman who thinks the entire world revolves around what she wants and how she wants it. It's about all I can do to bite my tongue because it's just not worth starting a ruckus over trivial junk. But, inside, I'm steaming. Don't know what the answer is.

I'm sure your yard looks nice, though. Haven't started decorating yet -- just hung my wreath on the front door -- and that's about it.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your neighbor should have asked you first, but I can see why you didn't say anything. Sometimes it's just better not to say anything, and if you do have to say something, say something like, "well, now I don't have to decorate MY fence this year. Thank you." But say it nice, not sarcastically.