Saturday, December 24, 2005

Almost ready



I have a tangerine tree in my back yard. Not a grove, just one. It is loaded with fruit this time of year and the weary branches are hanging low from the weight. I tried one this morning, but they are still a little sour. It will be about the first or second week in January when they are ready. The first cold snap somehow sweetens the fruit. I have so much fruit that I have to give it away. Tangerines are very good. I like like them better than oranges, they are sweeter, and easy to peel, the skin comes right off and they section into bite-sized pieces. Sometimes there is so much fruit that we squeeze it and make juice. The juice tastes so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what I miss most from CC is the tangerine tree in our yard. It was always filled to overflowing and they were so sweet and juicy. The house is gone now and I imagine the fruit trees will be next. Unfortunate how time marches on sometimes............