Monday, February 26, 2007

Crime update

Reference my previous post: this was a kidnapping for ransom, a rare occurrence. I can't remember one happening in this area during my entire police career. The suspect is on the run, probably left the state by now. I am happy to report that the victim was not sexually molested as I previously thought, and he is doing fine and back in the arms of his family. The search continues for the suspect (who has been identified) and this will probably become an international manhunt if he flees to his former home in Mexico.

3 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

Whew! Glad about the not molesting part, but a kidnapping! I believe you should get back to work now - back to detecting.

I recently read about the development of shoes with GPS chip embedded - the wearer can be tracked anywhere, good for lost kids, kidnapping, wandering husbands...

Thanks for the update!

~susan
~patchwork reflections
~memories in a jar

Motherkitty said...

Yeah, I read about those shoes also. They cost almost $400 each. Can you imagine buying those for a kid whose feet are growing each day, or if you have six kids? Better to put a GPS tag under their skin. In fact, they could tag everybody in the USA, that way Big Brother could keep tags on all of us!!!

I'm happy the kid was not harmed physically (just tortured mentally). I think he will do fine because he's a smart, resilient, ingenius kid. Good for him for using his noodle to extricate himself and get help.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

So you were a copper copper crime stopper?? My husband is a copper copper crime stopper here...
Lots and lots of nasty stuff going on here...
we want to move out of this town ...