Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Near the end

My brothers are at my mother's bedside, and I will be there by tomorrow afternoon. There is no hope left as her sepsis has returned and she has developed pneunomia. Her feeding tube would not stay clear and the doctors were going to replace it, but they cannot now because of the infection. Mom is just on fluids and sleeping alot, her heartbeat is irregular. It is only a matter of time now. I think she may be waiting for me to get there. I just want her to be comfortable. Tomorrow I will join my brothers in the death watch. I will try to keep in mind a passage I once read, "Let us not remember how they died, but how they lived".

4 comments:

Motherkitty said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. May your dear mother rest in peace.

Love, L. xxooxx

Susan Tidwell said...

Thinking of you, reminded of my own mother who died with sepsis, be safe in your travels.

Jellyhead said...

Tuff, I am so sorry.

XO Jelly

Finding the Happy said...

Tuff...

When more than one heart bears the burden of sorrow, then all hearts are brought to peace.

Know that I am thinking of you, your mother and your family and hoping your hearts are brought to peace.