Saturday, August 02, 2008

Already August

I can't belive how quickly time passes by. The older you get, the faster life goes. I hope anybody who regularly reads my blog hasn't given up on me - I haven't blogged for a while - I am just busy with everyday life. My Mother remains the same, in the hospital for sixty days now. I try to get up there at least once a month. It is sad to see her in this state, unable to eat, walk, talk and take care of herself. I think it must be "a living hell" for Mom to wait for someone to come in and change her in the morning. Both of my brothers are good sons and visit Mom several times a day. She tries to move and talk and I try not to lose hope but I know she will never be back to the way she was. It is the process of dying, it is difficult to watch.

On the home front, it is almost time for school to resume. Preston starts his first year in college this month and has scheduled all his classes for 11 AM or later. He is not a "morning person" so maybe this will work for him. I hope he likes college and I hope he studies and does his work. Matthew starts his senior year in high school soon. He is taking a course in automotive mechanics this year and he is very excited to get started with that.

As time goes by I feel so lucky. I see many people having tough economic times, losing their houses, unable to pay their bills. Even though I have some serious health problems, I am still able to function and walk & ride my bike. I am thankful for that. I hope all my blog buddies are doing well. I must catch up on my blog reading today (after my chores!)

3 comments:

Motherkitty said...

The wheel of life turns and turns whether you want it to or not. I know exactly what you are going through with your dear mother. You are fortunate that your two brothers are visiting her so often and that you can see her at least once a month. I'm sorry you are all going through this trying time, and I can imagine how frustrating it is for her not being able to do the things she really wants to do.

Good luck to your son as he takes the next step in his life. How exciting for him. I wish him a great time at college and I hope he takes advantage of all the opportunities ahead of him.

I haven't been blogging much myself this summer but I always check up on you. Take care.

Jellyhead said...

Nope, haven't given up on you! I understand taking time away from blogging.... for me, the urge to read blogs and write posts waxes and wanes.

I'm sorry that your mother continues to be unwell. It must be a constant worry to you.

I hope you find time to enjoy your walking and biking and home life.

All the best to you,
Jelly

Susan Tidwell said...

Yes, time flies. We must be really having a lot of fun, no?

Good luck to your boys in school. My thoughts are with you and your mom, I know what you are going through is hard.

Try to stay cool and have a good day.