Friday, November 17, 2006

Behind, in time

I keep a schedule in my head. For example, I must do this or that by a certain time so that I can be here or there by then. Today was no exception until disaster happened. I was tidying up the kitchen, putting away clean pots and dishes, when a glass bottle of evoo (extra virgin olive oil) fell out of the cabinet and shattered on the kitchen floor! I just washed that floor a couple of days ago. I was already showered and dressed to go to the store, come home, load up the car with the boy's band uniforms and head off to the school. I picked the large glass shards out of the oil on the floor. I got out the dustpan & brush and swept up the small glass. It was yucky with oil and made a bigger mess. Then I had to clean the pan and brush. In the middle of this, I stepped in the oil, slipped, did a lot of fancy steps and caught myself, then fell on my ass anyway. Of course then I was covered with oil. I had to change my shoes, change my pants, then mop the floor. I think I got all the oil up. What a mess. The point of this story is a tip for you. Buy evoo in plastic, unbreakable bottles. I will from now on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's still slick, try adding Dawn dish soap to your mop water. It will de-grease. :-)

Jellyhead said...

hee hee! (sorry to laugh, but your description sounded like a slapstick comedy routine!)

Today will be better!

Kerri said...

Were you wearing a mustach and a funny hat when you did this? Sorry to laugh, but you've really painted a funny picture. I'm glad you'd already swept up the glass when you fell on your derriere :) Poor Tuff, that wasn't a good start to the day! Made a good story though :)

Finding the Happy said...

The floor was clean, you were already rolling around in expensive olive oil...did you not think to grab a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and call up a friend to join in the fun?

When life gives you olive oil...

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Sure sounded like slapstick comedy to me. I know it wasn't funny at the time but at least you got a funny post out of your misfortune.