Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Bike

I haven't been blogging lately (I hope you noticed). I have been on a health kick, walking & biking a lot. I have lost 15 pounds, and that makes me happy. I feel a whole lot better and my knee problem is improving. I limped into the doctor's office last week with a sore knee that had been giving me a problem for four weeks. He x-rayed it, then told me that it looked good, maybe my knee cap was "out of it's channel". He told me that if it doesn't improve that I will have to come back for an MRI. I suspected that it was arthritis, but the doctor says my joint looked good on the x-ray, so I am relieved about that. In the meantime, the knee caused me to get real about my health, and start getting in good shape, hence the biking & walking. Saturday I leave for Virginia for a short visit with my mother. I will be back on Wednesday. I hope everyone has a nice Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Good for you!! I might have to change the type of bike I ride, although I have been doing some walking too.

My doctor has informed me that my weight should start falling off by itself since I am using the sleep apnea machine at night. I discussed it with her and since using the machine on a nightly basis I wake up very refreshed and full of energy. Energy enough to go hiking and start helping Jimmy clean the house again. He's happy about that!!

Kerri said...

You should be very proud of yourself Tuff. I'm proud of you! :)
I should walk more. Trouble is, there never seem to be enough hours in the day, but now that it's warm again I'll have to start taking time for more exercise. Gardening counts!