Tuesday, March 07, 2006

For the boys

“Come to the edge.”
“We Can’t, We’re afraid.”
“Come to the edge.”
“We can’t. We will fall!”
“Come to the edge.”
And they came.
And she pushed them.
And they flew.


Guillaume Apollinaire 1880-1918



Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain


And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

Anais Nin

1 comment:

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Words to live by, I agree...but sometimes it's hard to take certain risks although we should because if we don't we will regret it later. I'm always second quessing myself and saying "Why didn't I just go ahead and do, so & so when I had the chance." I try to take more risks now that I'm older, but now it's almost too late for me...and I do have some regrets.